Saturday, July 30, 2011

Proper ways to dieting only make you look fatter

Today is our last day in North Carolina's Outer Banks. We're spending the day with jet riders and then the beach. So, it's going to be a slow day, and probably will be indoors for most of the day since you can only spend so much time at a beach before you get too hot and start burning haha


Have you ever thought about dieting?
I don't mean to make fun at anyone or point people out but, as I watch my sister try to diet, I think I've realized why so many people have trouble with it. I mean, of course there's the whole metabolism thing in which you just can't help if you were born with a slow or fast one, but there's so many things you can do to help yourself get healthier.

Lets just take my sister for example.
She's just trying to eat less with a little bit of exercise (I THINK she's also exercising). But she doesn't eat things she really should. She's not a big veggie person and I think that's a big problem. When I was a freshman in college I always went back to the dorm with a salad and that's all I ate. In all honesty though I was quite a bad dieter. Very unhealthy myself. I ate an orange for breakfast and an orange for lunch then had my salad for supper. I walked a lot though. Of course when you're on campus all you do is walk all over the place, but then when your dorm is so far away the school even offers a bus to get there but you decide to walk, that's double the walking. Okay, so the place wasn't THAT far of a walk, but still farther than most of the other dorms.

But I think veggies are really important.

Fruits are too I'm sure, but I don't really eat fruits. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE FRUIT, but I just choose to buy veggies instead. Another thing I've begun to notice is the way the metabolism works. For how much I weigh and I haven't really been gaining weight, just keeping it constant, I've realized you can't just stick with something. You HAVE to eat what you want. Just keep it in small portions depending on how many calories it is and how much of an intake would affect you.

I still think salads are the best thing out there though.
You need to learn how to love veggies, they help you out in so many different ways. I've been eating smaller portions, drinking  A LOT of water, and exercising if not every day I do for like 2 hours every other day (DDR really is the best ♥~). Exercising a little bit helps you out, even if it's just 20 minutes a day.

Look at Asian countries.
I've lived in Japan for a year, and I'm sure other foreigners who have spent time there will agree with me when I say that what they eat is really healthy. Excluding all their sweets haha. There's not a lot of calories in their food and it's full of veggies and not a lot of meat. Meat isn't really good for you either. I've been keeping away from that as best as possible, that's why I turned into a pescatarian.

America just stops thinking about what's good for you anymore and people need to be more self-conscious. I don't want to say I hate fat people. It's just I get disappointed when I see so many Americans suffering from being over-weight or obesity. However, I do understand that many people have problems such as diabetes which cause weight gain and they can't help being how they are. What I can't approve is the many people who just let themselves get out of hand and also allow their children to get how they are. It's sad really.


Everyone thinks I'm obsessed with weight-loss because I'm always saying I'm trying to loss weight. I'm not a freaking thin-thinking-whatever-crazy person. I just want to be at a certain weight and I'm done. So people need to stop worrying.

But a lot of people need to get more healthier in their daily lifestyles.

I can see myself spending more time on a blog to write more on this topic.
Maybe next time :)


FYI, TOFU IS THE SHIT

No comments:

Post a Comment