Friday, June 8, 2012

Travel&finances. What I want to do compared to what you have done.

I thought about it. I didn't really put much consideration into it, but I did think about it.

Going to Thailand.


Right now, I know this guy who is traveling around Asia for vacation this past week. He went to Thailand, and now he's in Singapore. I see his pictures and I just think that it's so amazing. Just this morning I had a notification in my Instagram (so rare, yo), and I saw that my friend Pat tagged me in an old photo of us in Japan (I posted it below) from when we used to go to the Elementary school across the street from our high school every Tuesday morning to teach English to a few classes of 1st graders. We used to sing song with them and ask them questions, and it was so cute. I got a laminated certificate too as a thank you and such. I really think this will be very useful for me in the future if it comes down to me actually having to teach English for a living. I've got hands on experience (even though it's really nothing) and proof of it.

In any case, it brought back some really good memories. So I need to hurry up and complete my new blogger page of my Japan blogs. 32 have been posted... but I still have like 40 some to go... lol

But then I talked to Pat a bit, and after she said that she wanted to meet up again, I told her about me going to HK this September. Pat is from Thailand and we spent the year in Japan together, we were in the same class. I plan on going back to Japan and she really wants to, too. And she said she would like me to come to Bangkok too. So it got me thinking....

What if I go to Thailand first from HK, then buy a ticket to Japan in Thailand? Plane tickets are much cheaper in Thailand. And going from HK to Thailand is also probably super cheap too. I thought about going to Thailand a few months ago, but now she's inviting me so I'll have a place to stay! And I want to travel so much! I want to see the world! Especially Asia! I want to take lots of pictures, I want to try lots of different kinds of food, I want to write in my blog about my adventures and experiences and all the other cool stuff I'm doing! I want to have so much experience in my life when it comes to trying new things and seeing places. This is what I want to do with my life. I don't want to stay in one place.

So, even though I have many reasons to say that it was a bad decision to choose HK over Japan for study abroad, I have just as many, if not MORE reasons to say it was a better decision to go to HK over Japan. Asia is so compacted and close, if I was in Japan I'd be cut off from all other countries unless I wanted to put my expenses towards very expensive plane flights.

HK, Thailand, Japan, Mainland China......
making new friends, visiting old friends.....

I 'm getting so excited.
I can hardly believe that this is what I'll be doing. Exploring the world... it's a dream come true ♥ I'm having so many great opportunities in my life. And a very prospective future at that. I've screwed up my last 2yrs of college, but everything is changing now. THIS IS IT.

I won't waste a single minute. I'll be discovering the cities, learning new cultures, working if I can, studying my very hardest, I mean... Everything I told myself freshman year, all the words and ideas that I have placed inside my head for motivation, all my future goals, projections, hopes, dreams; it's all coming together in this single year. This is the real me that I've aimed for for so long. I won't let anyone screw me over again. I've worked too hard for this.


Which brings me to the next topic.
My sister came to me because she's in financial trouble right now. She got into a car accident and has to pay for repairs. But she didn't have enough money to cover it... without getting caught. Kevin was driving her car as "driving training" you can say, so he's helping her cover half. But my mom gets alerted when we drop low in our banking account and she said that she needed the money tomorrow, in which her bank account would drop to $50, send out an alert, and then my parents would know about the accident.

I have no problem lending her help in giving her the $500 that she needed today. She promised to pay me back, so it's not like all the time I've spent working is going to waste on her mistake. Honestly, if I wasn't even saving for something so important to me, I would just tell her not to worry about paying me back. I mean, I do have a lot saved.

But this is where I want to go at. I hate to keep bashing on her, but I feel like it's people like this that screw up the future and opportunities for your children. No, not my sister. I'm talking about my mom. But if my sister doesn't start to think about her paychecks more wisely, she may end up the same.

It's okay if you decided to drop out of college. I'm not going to make you feel bad about yourself or make you feel like a failure just because you couldn't handle the college experience. Some people can, others well, they just can't for whatever reasons they may have. In my mom's case, I was told (from my dad) that she dropped out because she couldn't deal living with roommates who weren't like her (ex. too loud in the house etc.). Whether that's true or not, in my opinion it's a poor excuse, but okay, it just didn't work out for you. But you're life doesn't have to be a mess just because you don't have a college degree.

All my parents problems, are a result of financial issues. I'm pretty convinced of this. My mom got upset because she couldn't afford to get new tires on my sister's car and my dad refused to help pay. $700 for new tires. But this started from the past. My family did a shitty job on learning how to invest and save. All I can think about are the many times I need to hear my parents complaining about money one day or another. And so I've learned off of that, because it pissed me off.

You don't need a college education to keep yourself stable. It's when you rush into big things too fast and don't save AT ALL, and spend it on what you 'think' is important right now. But in reality, giving up a bit of your social life or just the little things you used to buy for a few months, or even working your ass off for a few months and saving most of your earnings, it will lead to something worth more than what you thought was important at that time. You screw this up for your kids if you don't consider what can happen in the future.

They can't experience college if you can't afford it, and it screw up how you live too. You can live in a house that looks like your rich if you know how to properly finance yourself. And if it gets that bad, finding another part time job won't kill you. Just suck it up for a few months.

I'm getting super negative now.
I get very passionate about this topic so I'll just stop where I'm at before I say anything worse.

On another note, I've been consistent on studying. I've been keeping up on reviews and learning new words. I actually talked to Antony a little bit in the sentences I was able to form from my new vocab. It's a really good feeling :) I can't wait until I can actually start using it every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment