Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hey you, I miss you. What have you been up to?

Yesterday was a good day.
Yesterday was a day I'll never have again.
Yesterday was a day that I know I'll look back on and wonder why I left.
Yesterday....

Yesterday I felt a part of this community. Yesterday, I felt a part of a larger family.
My P.S. family.
The Aero family.

My co-workers.
My friends that they are.

Yesterday, is the brightest.



It was community service day for my job. We do it every year, and of course it's optional. I did it last year as well, even though I didn't know anyone back then, I really enjoyed it too.

Community service is something special to me.
There's just something about it that makes me feel good inside. I really like helping out the community or people in general and to hear that Aeropostale does something every year is a great thing. It makes me happy to be able to participate in something like this.

What we did yesterday was volunteer to help with manual labor. Last year due to extreme flooding in Schoharie (about 40mins upstate from Albany), houses were sweep off the ground, buildings in ruins, etc. etc. The damages of flooding. What we were assigned to do was to go to a place where three houses once stood and dig up all the garbage and put it into a dumpster. We were digging at the foundation of the homes, from the installation, doors, washing machines, metal frames of the house, etc etc that was all buried in the ground. It was hard work carrying everything, raking, shoveling and wheel barring it out, but it was so enjoyable and I had a lot of fun. Even a neighbor appreciated our help so much that he bought us food, TWICE. 


Helping out people is such a great feeling. I took off of work the entire day just to be a part of this again. I don't know... I started believing in something a little bit more. I'm being much less selfish and more thoughtful with little things. Community service has nothing to do with this, these are two totally different things. Like for example, I was walking with my coworker to get ice cream and there was a guy in front of the coffee house playing an accordion and his case was open for donations. I threw in a dollar as I walked past. I was visiting my co-worker's house and she has a cat there so before I arrived I bought a bag of cat treats for her. While I was there I took three hits of weed but felt so bad for socializing with the guys there that I hardly knew and smoking their weed that I found them later that week and paid $15 ($5 a hit).

Little things like this I've been doing a lot lately, those haven't been the only cases. Because well....

Not only is it the nice thing to do, but I started putting a lot of hope in the belief of doing the right thing can bring you good karma. Whether this is true or not, I want to keep believing in this. I'm not religious, nor do I really believe in a god. I just believe in being a good person. Being kind. If I do all these things, I live a more satisfying lifestyle and you become happier. And then maybe good things will happen to you too.


After the volunteer work we went to my manager's house who decided to have a cookout. I didn't stay long because I had no way of getting back home otherwise, but I..... it hurts to leave here more and more.


These people are like my family.

They chased me around her house with a blow horn and "penis"-shaped water balloons. Even locking me out of the house in order to accomplish this task.


I was barefoot.
I've been running too much this summer because of this group of people lol.

I knew how close we are as friends regardless of manager/coworker positions... but I felt so... I felt like I was truly going to be missed yesterday. These people that I have gotten to know in only a year's time have become some of the most important people in my life. I'm afraid to leave them... just a little bit.
It was all okay during school. But now that it has come down to the summer, we've been hanging out more often, and now that July is approaching....

I know I'll make new friends in HK but.... still...



Today was such a good day.

I'm going to miss working with these people, I'm going to miss spending time with these people, I'm going to miss their craziness and how they always try to do weird things to me.

If my belief in doing good things is really true, I feel like the way they treat me is my reward. It's the best reward I could have right now, is to feel loved and welcomed and be a part of this crazy family we have all become. I could never ask for anything more than this.

To top the day off, I went shopping in Express  & Victoria's Secret.
I got some nice underwear and bras, 2summer scarves, a clutch&card holder, jacket, and a super cute tank top.
winning.

The two girls on the very right of this picture are who I've been hanging out with the most lately, Melissa (blue shorts) and Jenna (black shorts).
Speaking of which, me and Melissa are going to a psychic on Lark Street tomorrow for tarot card readings for out past, present, &future... so excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment