Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dear Ed, I dedicate this post to you darling

Ed.

Wonderful, Ed.

This guy is unbelievable, and has the wrong idea or is just trying awfully way too hard. He is spoiling me.
Dear Ed, did you know you are all the talk in this apartment?
After the text message I received from you today, I felt like the people around me, other than my two roommates, deserve to hear your story. Why should me and two others alone have all the joys and laughs of what you say? To be honest, I'm kinda glad we had a random meeting by the fountain, and then the other awkward chance meeting at the Campus Center. Every new text I receive I must try to contain my laughter.

This is the text I received this morning:

"Hey, it was nice to see you the other day. I couldn't believe how good you looked. I remembered you as being around average in outer beauty, but yesterday you were gorgeous. I could barely recognize you. Its what's in the inside that matters to me, so it doesn't matter so much if you are gorgeous or average looking so much as whether you care or not but still, it was a pleasant surprise. I really hope I can get to know you, I really want to know whether your outer beauty has any correlation with inner beauty"

Ahh, darling Ed. How you know how to spoil a girl.
But at the same time you know how to make her laugh so hard and think you are a creep.
However, you have won the love from my fellow roommates. You really are, the talk of 663's second floor apartment. They always ask me everyday, "Any new texts from Ed today?"

The story of meeting Ed comes in two parts, I first met him as I waited outside the fountain and he walked over and asked to have a conversation with me. Then he proceeded to take my number.
The second time involves me sitting in a deserted area in the Campus Center on campus and he just appeared out of nowhere. During this second meeting, he asked me:
"Have we met before?"
Me looking at him like he's kidding then got confused. "Yes, I think we did."
"Samantha?"
"No, I'm Natasha."
"Oh oh, I'm so sorry! It's just I couldn't recognize you at all. You looked different that day."
Feeling awkward already, "haha Yeah, I'm kinda having a bad hair day today."
"No, no, I think you look really good today! It's just for some reason I could have sworn you had freckles last time I saw you."
....WTF? "haha No, I don't have freckles...."
"Oh... then maybe it just might have been how you looked in the sunlight."

Oh Ed, how you amuse us so.

Here's a toast to you, Ed.
For your annoying text messages,
For you awkward presence,
For your more than corny words,
For the laughs I have with friends,
For the sudden appearances,
And more than weird conversations.

Ed, please leave me alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment